Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Random thought during the flight

I always take the window seat of flights during daylight hours, even if I hardly ever peer out. I don't understand how anyone would not want to be close to the window, it's a religious experience for me sometimes when I look out. On my last flight from Germany to Boston at about 40,000 feet we were just above the highest clouds. The view of the clouds from above with the sun hitting them just right was simply stunning to witness. It was a powerful reminder to me of God's majesty in creation. Even when there isn't a soul around to see it, creation can be beautiful for no reason other than just to be. It was only by chance that I happened to be up there to see this beautiful cloudscape and I'm sure all over the planet there is beauty in motion when noone is around. Sometimes it's good to feel small, like humankind isn't the center of everything. Creation at 40,000 feet is a great place for perspective.

1 comment: